Last week, per the direction of President Pro Tempore Senator Phil Berger, I received interim committee assignments. They are:
- Member, Joint Legislative Economic Development and Global Engagement Oversight Committee
- Member, Environmental Review Commission
- Member, Legislative Ethics Committee
- Member, Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations
- Member, Joint Legislative Committee on Information Technology
Interim and oversight committees are statutorily authorized committees that meet during the legislative interim. Generally, these committees are charged with reviewing the activities and spending of state entities operating under their areas of oversight. They also may be authorized to recommend legislation to the full General Assembly prior to the start of the next session.